The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for a variety of accounting tasks involved with a growing non-profit organization. This position will have primary responsibility for processing bi-weekly payroll, benefits administration, reconciliations, and accounts payables. The ideal candidate is a hard worker focused on providing excellent service.
1. Following established procedures, process payroll through Timebank in ADP’s workforce now platform
- Reviews electronic timesheets and corrects entries as needed.
- Ensures payroll registers contain no missing information, no negative amounts, etc.
- Processes and distributes reports
- Submits 401k submittals, tracks and reconciles accounts
- Wage calculations
- New employee data entry
- Interpretation/implementation of wage garnishments as needed
- Clears payroll discrepancies
- Manual checks as needed
2. Payroll reconciliations to the general ledger
3. Respond to government reporting requirements like Annual Services Reports, EEOC filings, etc.
4. Reviews payroll registers and quarterly rollups for accuracy.
5. Administers benefits including health, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k, athletic club and Eco Pass.
- Enter employees into benefits upon hire, open enrollment or with a qualified event.
- Reconciliation of benefits monthly to the payroll deductions to ensure accuracy.
6. Ensure processes are followed related to approvals.
7. Reconciliation of vacation and sick accruals.
8. Work with ADP on discrepancies and set up of additional needs of the organization as they come up.
9. Responsible for ensuring all needed documents and approvals are in order prior to processing.
10. Reconcile FSA accounts
11. Prepares reports related to benefit renewals and audits.
12. Follows up on employer tax related notices, worker’s comp notices, unemployment claims,
1. Manage all vendor and employee reimbursement payments, including the collection and audit of W9’s and W8’s for domestic and international vendors.
2. Set up appropriate vendors in the accounting system to receive 1099’s at year end.
3. Ability to allocate invoices in Excel to various accounts.
4. Assist with issuing year-end 1099 Misc.
5. Ensure processes are followed related to approvals.
6. Cash advance, employee expenses, and credit card reconciliations.
7. Cutting checks and mailing.
8. Assist Controller with special projects.
9. Assist program management with understanding accounts payable procedures.
10. Assist controller with audit requests and organizing source documentation for audit.
11. Scanning/Filing invoices and receipts.
This position is located at the OEF central office in Broomfield, CO.
OEF is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with a vision of developing effective systems of global governance to achieve a world beyond war, leading to our tagline “Peace Through Governance.” Central to OEF’s mission is partnering closely with the business community. As an operating foundation, OEF focuses on both researching and developing ideas, and implementing those ideas in practical projects. On the research side, OEF has a mandate to develop expertise in global governance and its relationship to armed conflict, with the goal of contributing both to academic understanding and practical implementations designed to reduce conflict.
1. Possess sound judgment along with a high level of integrity, confidentiality and dependability.
2. Knowledge of labor laws.
3. Knowledge of payroll accounting procedures including GL.
4. Experience processing of 1099’s
5. Experience working with W-8 and W-9’s
6. Highly organized and excited when paperwork is in order.
7. Adaptability to shift gears comfortably, isn’t upset when things are up in the air, doesn’t have to finish things before moving on but tracks things through to completion.
8. Has compassion for people.
9. Relates well to many types of people and can build rapport in a constructive and effective way.
10. 1+ year of payroll, benefits, and payables experience.
11. Highly proficient in Excel and Adobe PDF
12. Excellent problem solving ability and creative skills to adapt to a changing, growing environment.
13. Flexible and service-minded mentality to work with a diversity of people and cultures.
14. Takes initiative and is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Preferred but not required:
1. Non-profit experience.
2. ADP experience
3. SAP or other large ERP experience
4. Spanish speaker helpful
Please apply by sending a cover letter, detailing your experience and compensation requirements, and resume/CV including the above requirements to email@example.com. Please use “Accounting Specialist” in the subject line of your email.