The payroll specialist is a newly created role due to growth in the organization. This position will be responsible for a variety of accounting tasks involved with a growing non-profit organization. The payroll specialist will be responsible for administering payroll and benefits administration on the Accounting team. The ideal candidate is a hard worker focused on providing excellent service.
1. In collaboration with HR and Accounting, responsible for ensuring all needed documents are in order.
2. Following established procedures, process payroll through Timebank in ADP’s workforce now platform
- Reviews electronic timesheets and corrects entries as needed.
- Ensures payroll registers contain no missing information, no negative amounts, etc.
- Processes and distributes reports
- Submits 401k submittals, tracks and reconciles accounts
- Wage calculations
- New employee data entry
- Interpretation/implementation of wage garnishments as needed
- Clears payroll discrepancies
- Manual checks as needed
3. Payroll reconciliations to the general ledger
4. Respond to government reporting requirements like Annual Services Reports, EEOC filings, etc.
5. Reviews payroll registers and quarterly rollups for accuracy.
6. Administers benefits including health, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k, athletic club and Eco Pass.
- Enter employees into benefits upon hire, open enrollment or with a qualified event.
- Reconciliation of benefits monthly to the payroll deductions to ensure accuracy.
7. Ensure processes are followed related to approvals.
8. Reconciliation of vacation and sick accruals.
9. Work with ADP on discrepancies and set up of additional needs of the organization as they come up.
10. Reconcile FSA accounts
11. Prepares reports related to benefit renewals and audits.
12. Follows up on employer tax related notices, worker’s comp notices, unemployment claims,
13. Assist Controller and Accountant with special projects.
OEF is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with a vision of developing effective systems of global governance to achieve a world beyond war, leading to our tagline “Peace Through Governance.” Central to OEF’s mission is partnering closely with the business community. As an operating foundation, OEF focuses on both researching and developing ideas, and implementing those ideas in practical projects. On the research side, OEF has a mandate to develop expertise in global governance and its relationship to armed conflict, with the goal of contributing both to academic understanding and practical implementations designed to reduce conflict.
1. Possess sound judgment along with a high level of integrity, confidentiality and dependability.
2. Knowledge of labor laws.
3. Knowledge of payroll accounting procedures including GL.
4. Highly organized and excited when paperwork is in order.
5. Adaptability: able to shift gears comfortably, isn’t upset when things are up in the air, doesn’t have to finish things before moving on but tracks things through to completion.
6. Has compassion for people.
7. Relates well to many types of people and can build rapport in a constructive and effective way.
8. 2+ years of payroll and benefits experience.
9. Excellent problem solving ability and creative skills to adapt to a changing, growing environment.
10. Flexible and service-minded mentality to work with a diversity of people and cultures.
11. Takes initiative and is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
12. Intermediate Excel capability.
Preferred but not required:
1. Non-profit experience.
2. ADP experience
Please apply by sending a cover letter, detailing your experience and compensation requirements, and resume/CV including the above requirements to email@example.com. Please use “Payroll Specialist” in the subject line of your email.