1. ABOUT THIS POLICY
2. WHO WE ARE
We are One Earth Future. We can be contacted at:
One Earth Future
525 Zang St
Broomfield, CO 80021
3. COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Policy.
4. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this Policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website and business;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website; and
- keeping our website secure and preventing fraud.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
5. DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Except as provided in this Policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this Policy. This may include our headquarters in Colorado, USA. Should we ever transfer any of your information, it shall always be in compliance with GDPR. You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 6.
7. RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
8. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this Policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you understand any changes to this Policy. We may notify you of changes to this Policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
10. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
11. UPDATING INFORMATION
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- We use Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to
- recognize a computer when a user visits the website
- track users as they navigate the website
- improve the website’s usability
- analyze the use of the website
- administer the website
- prevent fraud and improve the security of the website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 )
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
13. YOUR RIGHTS
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]